Rent our halls, classrooms and beautiful grounds for community groups, meetings & life events
- Memorial Services
- Birth Celebrations
- Family Parties
- Group Meetings
- Community Meetings
- Business Meetings
- Arts and Craft Shows
- Self Help Groups
- Educational Programs
The BuxMont Unitarian Universalist Fellowship is a creedless religious congregation. We welcome people of all heritages, economic levels, ethnic and racial origins, and sexual orientations. Our mission includes providing space and facilities for celebration of life events without requiring adherence to specific religious practices. Community and non-profit groups may use our facility for a nominal fee. Space is also available for business meetings, concerts, lectures, seminars, small shows, theatrical presentations, and entertainment.
Our newly renovated Fellowship building is located 200 feet east of the intersection of Easton Road (Route 611) and Street Road (Route 132). The Sanctuary windows face on the Little Neshaminy Creek. Recently landscaped grounds focus on the Creek and provide a lovely setting for outdoor ceremonies. The Sanctuary will seat approximately 200 people. The Social Hall is adjacent to the Sanctuary and also features a large window that overlooks the Creek. The Sanctuary and Social Hall are elevated nine steps up from the main entrance. A lift is available for people not able to climb stairs. Padded, stacking chairs can be arranged in the Sanctuary as there are no fixed pews. Assistance with set-up, sound systems, and maintenance are available for a nominal fee. There is a list of area caterers available.
In addition to the Social Hall and the Sanctuary there are seven classrooms of varying sizes for rent.
General Rental Policies
Requesting a Rental
To request a rental, phone the Fellowship Administrator at 215-343-0406, or email the Rental Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide the following information:
- Date(s) of rental(s)
- Insurance Coverage
- Number of attendees
- Organization name
- Profit, or non-profit status
- Responsible individual’s contact information
- Are the services of our Minister requested? We prefer the use of our minister for nondenominational services such as weddings, joinings, memorial services and birth celebrations.
The building is available for rent to non-members as follows:
The Sanctuary, for an event without food or use of the Social Hall, will rent for $400 for approximately 3 hours. Note: A discount is applied for wedding rehearsals.
The Sanctuary and Social Hall with or without food service will rent for $500 for approximately 3 hours.
The Social Hall, without the use of the Sanctuary, will rent for $250 for approximately three hours and $75 for each additional hour.
There are special rental rates available for community groups.
There are more intimate spaces available for small groups and regular community meetings. Classroom rent is $50 for up to three hours for profit organizations. Non-profit organizations can rent the classroom for $25 for up to three hours.
Please note that alcohol may only be served at your event if the server or caterer has obtained an event permit. There is a special policy for members. Under no circumstances may alcohol be served to anyone under 21 years of age. This policy also applies to members and families. Also, even though janitors will be engaged to complete the clean-up, you or your caterer must clear and dispose of all food, supplies and trash before leaving.
Other Important Information:
- A deposit of 50% of the rental is required to hold your reservation. The deposit, minus janitorial fees and costs of any repairs that are necessary, will be returned to you after your event. Janitorial service is $15.00 per hour per worker.
- The maximum attendance may not exceed legal occupancy limits.
- We are not able to rent to individuals under 21 years of age.
- No smoking is permitted in any area.
- All renters must sign a license agreement. This agreement will state which rooms, property, and materials are to be used and for what time. The license will address cleaning fees, insurance requirements and responsibility for building damage.
- Food and drinks are not permitted in the Sanctuary. If you wish to serve refreshments, then you must rent the Social Hall.
Questions? Ready to rent?
For more information or to arrange a rental, call (215) 343-0406 or email email@example.com.