Welcome to the process of becoming a member of BuxMont Unitarian Universalist Fellowship. The pathway begins with your first visit through our doors. It culminates with signing the membership book and becoming fully engaged in the Fellowship. In between, we offer a number of ways for you to learn about Unitarian Universalism and our Fellowship.
On your first visit you can learn by:
- Asking questions of the greeters, whom you can find in the lobby.
- Signing up to get the newsletter.
- Talking with a member of our Membership Committee.
- Browsing and selecting materials about Unitarian Universalism and BuxMont.
- Staying after the services for coffee and conversation.
Over the next few months get to know Unitarian Universalism and BuxMont Unitarian Universalist Fellowship by participating in events designed for you.
- First Sunday Q&A is held on the first Sunday of each month. The Membership Coordinator gives an overview of BuxMont Unitarian Universalist Fellowship and Unitarian Universalism followed by a question and answer session. Anyone can drop in for First Sunday Q&A.
- Unitarian Universalist History and Theologies is a special class taught by the minister several times during the year. The next available class is listed in the monthly newsletter, The Liberal Voice.
- Explorations is a six-session workshop for new and long-time Unitarian Universalists to explore this liberal religion more deeply. Members have an opportunity for discussion about their spiritual practices, beliefs, and life journey.
- Postings of Unitarian Universalist events, brochures, and books can be found in the social hall and library.
And get to know the people who make up BuxMont’s Fellowship.
- Try a class listed in The Liberal Voice newsletter.
- Volunteer to help at a social event, assist the Sunday Morning Greeters, or help with a one-time task
- Come to a Circle Dinner where 8-12 people meet for potluck dinner in the homes of our members.
- Join any of the committees listed in “Who’s Who at BuxMont” brochure.
- Join a Small Group Ministry where 6-10 people meet monthly to discuss a question about spirituality.
- And definitely stay for coffee after the Sunday service.
When you are comfortable, let the Membership Coordinator know that you are interested in joining BuxMont. You will receive a packet of information created for those who are considering joining BuxMont Unitarian Universalist Fellowship. After you have had the opportunity to review the information packet, the minister or the membership coordinator will meet with you for a conversation about your desires and responsibilities as a Unitarian Universalist and a member of the BuxMont Fellowship. He will invite you to sign our membership book, the official act that makes you a member of BuxMont and a Unitarian Universalist. The entire congregation will welcome you at a New Member Recognition Ceremony within a few months of your joining.