Have you considered teaching in the RE program at BuxMont? Especially if you are a person who isn’t currently parenting young children? If not, here are some things to think about:
- We have about 100 children and youth in RE, while there are about 250 adult members plus some friends at BuxMont. Maybe roughly 60 of those adults are parents of kids in the program.
- While we can and do expect parents to do a lot in RE, we also want actively parenting folks to participate in other parts of our Fellowship, and even take on leadership roles.
- That means we need people who are NOT actively parenting kids to participate in RE and take on leadership roles. Some do already. But not as many as we would like to involve.
- If you aren’t sure what age group you’d be comfortable working with, or how much preparation is involved, or how often you’d need to commit, or if you’d be any good with kids, or if we’d even want you, talk to me or any RE Board member. If you do know exactly what age kids you’d enjoy working with, want to volunteer once a month (or
more or less), and are ready to get started, do the same.
- Remember, if you are absolutely sure that being in a classroom with kids isn’t for you but you’d still like to help, we can find you another way to help.
Here are some humorous memes from the internet about volunteering in RE: